California Roots Music Festival is a fully accessible event and we are continually trying to improve our accessible accommodations. Please read through our ADA Access page where we explain all our services including mobility assistance, alternative communication and visual accommodations. Feel free to contact us at: email@example.com.
There will be a number of ATMs inside the festival grounds. They are listed on the Festival Map which will be released a few weeks before the festival.
Bike & Skate Valet
Cali Roots has partnered with Green Pedal Couriers to provide our festival goers with a free and secure onsite Bike & Skateboard Valet which is located at Gate 8.
Green Pedal Couriers is the only fast and eco-friendly courier service in the Monterey area and we love working with them to encourage everyone to consider alternate ways to get to our festival!
CAMPING AT LAGUNA SECA
Reservation by Phone:
Phone Number: 831-242-8200, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
ON SALE NOW!
DON’T FORGET TO PURCHASE YOUR SHUTTLE PASS!
Camping at Laguna Seca?
Make it the full festival experience and purchase your shuttle passes now. We will have shuttles running all day starting at 9AM from 2 Laguna Seca Shuttle stops.
This is the safest and easiest way to get to and from the offsite camping options.
Cell Charging will be available at the Locker Rental. Before the event a Festival map will be released with the Cell Charging location.
- We welcome families of all ages.
- Kids 10 and under are free with a paid adult.
- Strollers and wagon for carrying the kiddos are permitted.
- We encourage parents to stop by our Info Booth (just inside Front Gate) when they arrive to pick up a child ID wristband so if anyone gets lost, our team can reunite families quickly.
We are excited to join forces with JahMed to provide medical support for all of our attendees in 2020. JahMed originated in 1996 at the Reggae on the River music festival at French’s Camp in Humboldt County, California. It was created by founding members David Moss and Patte Rae, along with a group of dedicated volunteers, to serve the medical needs of local community events. Presently, JahMed maintains its base in the heart of the redwoods – Redway, California. They take pride in ensuring that their crew is well-equipped and professionally trained to provide our patrons and staff high-quality care on-site.
Check the Festival Map one month before the festival for First Aid locations. There will be visible first aid flags flying at these locations. If you need medical assistance, look for a flag, or ask someone to assist you in finding one. If you see someone in need of medical assistance, please alert any of our security staff. We are family, and family takes care of each other!
Food & Drinks
Cali Roots has become synonymous with delicious, nutritious food options (including vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free) and 2019 will be no different. We are crafting our list of amazing food vendors now & will share with you as it develops! Craft beer and wine bars are scattered throughout the venue for your enjoyment.
How to Get Here
Monterey County Fair & Event Center is located at: 2004 Fairgrounds Rd Monterey, CA 93940
Lost & Found
Onsite, the Lost & Found Booth can be found just inside the Front Gate. You can go there to report a missing item and see if we’ve found your missing item. We work hard to reunite folks with their stuff. If you don’t find your item before the festival is over, you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to report your missing item.
Parking Info for 2020 Coming Soon!
Rain or Shine
California Roots Music Festival will happen RAIN or SHINE. Come prepared!
In the event of cancellation or postponement for any reason, California Roots reserves the right of sole and absolute discretion to choose to either partially refund, refund in whole, not to refund, or to reschedule the event at a later date.
The California Roots Redwood Pass (VIP) provides the ultimate festival experience with the added bonus of supporting the Cali Roots Reforestation Initiative! This one-of-a-kind experience gives fans exclusive perks such as separate viewing areas, lush lounges, swag bags, and so much more!
• Commemorative Laminate w/ Lanyard
• Swag Bag full of special goodies & 2020 Pint Glass
• Redwood T-shirt
• Access to 2 Redwood Lounges w/ bars, free snacks & live streaming screens
• Access to special viewing areas
• 2 Redwood Trees planted in your honor through our partnership with the Redwood Forest Foundation
• Separate Redwood Entry into the festival and main stage area
Music will be Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 11am – 11pm.
About a month before the festival, we will release the schedule of performances for each stage and for each day. The schedules will be posted on our website, social media, and onsite throughout the venue. Until then feel free to speculate.
To purchase tickets visit our Tickets Page.
Box Office Hours:
Wednesday, Oct 7: 12pm – 5pm
Thursday, Oct 8: 10am – 7pm
Friday, Oct 9: 9am – 11pm
Saturday, Oct 10: 9am – 11pm
Sunday, Oct 11: 9am – 11pm
Friday – Sunday 10am – 11pm
If you are interested in volunteering at the festival, please fill out the Volunteer form.
Water Refill Stations
We are again providing FREE water refill stations throughout the venue. You can bring one empty water bottle and fill up to your heart’s content! Water stations are shown on Festival Map.
California Roots Festival wants to ensure you have the best experience possible, starting with the moment you arrive and present your ticket!
All tickets will be exchanged for a Wristband – This wristband is your only access to the event. DO NOT TAKE IT OFF FOR ANY REASON!
If you share it, lose it, remove it or damage it, we will not be able to replace it. If you lose, break or misplace your wristband you will need to purchase another ticket to enter the festival.
What TO bring
Required Items to bring:
- Proof of ticket purchased
- Credit/Debit card and/or cash
- Government issued photo I.D.
- Positive vibes & big sunny smiles
Items You Are Permitted to Bring:
- One empty water bottle or camel bag up to two liters (for use at our free water refill stations).
- Sunscreen & blankets (you’ll likely need both!)
- Dancing shoes, hula hoops, rings on your fingers, bells on your shoes, scarlet begonias tucked into your curls.
- One medium-sized backpack (no large or framed backpacks).
- Strollers or wagons to carry our youngest fans.
- Non-Professional, point & shoot cameras (attached lenses must be smaller than 2 inches).
- Bicycles & skateboards can be brought to our bike valet which will be located at Gate 8 (bikes & skateboards are not allowed inside the festival grounds).
What NOT to bring
- NO weapons, fireworks or explosives.
- NO alcohol or illegal substances.
- NO butane
- NO drones or aircraft. We are within yards of the Monterey Regional Airport and it is HIGHLY illegal to fly a drone at Cali Roots.
- NO pets (except legitimate service animals as covered by law)
- NO chairs, tents, pop-ups, canopies or umbrellas.
- NO squirt guns.
- NO Laser pens or similar focused light devices.
- NO cameras with detachable lenses. Attached lenses must be smaller than 2 inches.
- NO Selfie-Sticks, Go Pros, Tripods
- NO glass containers.
- NO outside beverages (exception is milk/formula for babies)
- NO outside food (reasonably-priced food is available inside the festival including vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free/dairy-free options).
- NO coolers of any size, large or framed backpacks, or selfie sticks.
- NO unauthorized vendors.
- NO unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, and promotional materials (including stickers, vending items, etc).
- NO Bicycles or skateboards inside festival grounds. However, they can be brought to our Bike & Skate Valet at Gate 8.
- NO negative vibes – you’re at Cali Roots!
* List subject to change.