California Roots Music Festival is a fully accessible event and we are continually trying to improve our accessible accommodations. We welcome all feedback and suggestions from patrons. Please read through our ADA Access page where we explain all our services including mobility assistance, alternative communication and visual accommodations. Feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For any emergencies or if you require immediate assistance at the festival site, please locate the closest staff member to assist you.
There will be a number of ATMs inside the festival grounds. They are listed on the Festival Map which will be released a few weeks before the festival.
Box Office Hours
Wednesday: 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Bike & Skate Valet
Caliroots has partnered with Green Pedal Couriers to bring you the official Bike and Skateboard Valet of the Fest!
The Bike Valet is FREE! Located at Gate 8.
California Roots Festival does not offer onsite camping, but has partnered again with Laguna Seca to provide offsite camping for our festival goers. Camping will go on sale shortly through Laguna Seca. We do not manage camping – Laguna Seca does. What we do provide is the shuttles that transport folks from the campground to the festival and back.
We will have shuttles running all day starting at 9AM from 2 Laguna Seca Shuttle stops. This is the safest and easiest way to get to and from the offsite camping options.
Cell Phone charging will be apart of the Locker Rental. Before the event a Festival map will be released with the Cell phone charging locations.
Children & Kids Info
- We welcome families of all ages.
- Kids 10 and under are free with a paid adult.
- Strollers and wagon for carrying the kiddos are permitted.
- We encourage parents to stop by our Info Booth (just inside Front Gate) when they arrive to pick up a child ID wristband so if anyone gets lost, our team can reunite families quickly.
Caliroots has partnered with Bus.com to provide shuttles for fans to get to the festival from various city centers. Shuttles and bus tickets from Salinas, Seaside, San Francisco, and more!
We have again joined forces with Rock Med to provide medical support for all of our attendees. Check the Festival Map for First Aid locations one month before the festival. There will be visible first aid flags flying at these locations. If you need medical assistance, look for a flag, or ask someone to assist you in finding one. If you see someone in need of medical assistance, please alert any of our security staff. We are family, and family takes care of each other!
Food & Drinks
There will be a bunch of delicious food vendors that will tempt everyone (vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options will be available!) plus a number of Sierra Nevada Brewing beer and wine booths throughout the festival grounds. For a list of vendors check out our Vendors page.
Gates are open Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 10am – 11pm. Ins and Outs are Allowed.
How to Get Here
Monterey County Fair & Event Center is located at: 2004 Fairgrounds Rd Monterey, CA 93940
Lost & Found
Onsite, the Lost & Found Booth can be found just inside the Front Gate. You can go there to report a missing item and see if we’ve found your missing item. We work hard to reunite folks with their stuff. If you don’t find your item before the festival is over, you can email us at: email@example.com to report your missing item.
PARKING NOW ON SALE!
ONSITE PARKING PASS:
New in 2018!
3-day Parking Pass for On-site parking lot at the Monterey Fairgrounds.
All cars must exit the lot each night.
Cost: $150 + fees.
Purchase HERE >
Limited amount left!
California Roots will not have parking available at Laguna Seca or MPC in 2018. Please click HERE > for a list of public Parking Lots. Park offsite and Ridershare with Uuber or Lyft to get to Cali Roots!
Rain or Shine
California Roots Music Festival will happen RAIN or SHINE. Come prepared!
California Roots Music Festival will not issue refunds. Festival is RAIN or SHINE. * Lineup is subject to change.
2018 REDWOOD PASSES are SOLD OUT!
Please visit the Official Lyte Ticket Exchange to buy/sell a Redwood Pass for California Roots 2018.
The California Roots Redwood Pass, formerly VIP, provides the ultimate festival experience with the added bonus of supporting the Cali Roots Reforestation initiatives! The one of a kind experience gives fans awesome perks such as separate viewing areas, lush lounges, swag bags, and so much more!
• Commemorative Laminate w/ special Lanyard
• Swag Bag full of special goodies & 2018 Pint Glass
• Redwood Pass T-shirt
• Poster (Nice printed one and rolled up)
• 2 Redwood Lounges w/ bars and snacks
• 2 Elevated viewing areas
• 2 Redwood Trees planted in your honor:
• Separate Redwood Entry- festival and main stage
• Live video & audio streaming in lounges
Music will be Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 11am – 11pm. About a month before the festival, we will release the schedule of performances for each stage and for each day. The schedules will be posted on our website, social media, and onsite throughout the venue. Until then feel free to speculate.
Click below for ticket info and purchases:
If you are having any technical ticketing-related issues with your order (e.g. Can’t find order confirmation, having trouble ordering, question about charges, etc.) Click here to contact Eventbrite >
Click here to view the official festival Ticket Outlet Locations >
Box Office Hours:
Wednesday, May 23: 12pm – 5pm
Thursday, May 24: 10am – 7pm
Friday, May 25: 9am – 11pm
Saturday, May 26: 9am – 11pm
Sunday, May 27: 9am – 11pm
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 10am – 11pm
If you are interested in volunteering at the festival, please fill out the Volunteer form on our contact page.
Water Refill Stations
We are again providing FREE water refill stations throughout the venue. You can bring one empty water bottle and fill up to your heart’s content! Water stations are shown on Festival Map.
California Roots Festival wants to ensure you have the best experience possible, starting with the moment you arrive and present your ticket! **All tickets will be exchanged for a Wristband – This wristband is now your only access to the event. DO NOT TAKE IT OFF FOR ANY REASON – SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS, OR LOSE IT, we will not be able to replace it. If you lose, break or misplace your wristband you will need to purchase another ticket to enter the festival.
What TO bring
Required Items to bring:
- Proof of ticket purchased
- Credit/Debit card and/or cash
- Government issued photo I.D.
- Positive energy, expressions of love and friendship, and an endless supply of smiles, peace signs, shakas, and big bear hugs.
Recommended Items to bring:
- One empty water bottle or camel bag up to two liters (for use at our free water re-fill stations).
- Sunscreen to protect you from the afternoon sun, and blankets so you can enjoy an evening near the Monterey Bay.
- Dancing shoes, hula hoops, rings on your fingers, bells on your shoes, scarlet begonias tucked into your curls.
- Bicycles & skateboards can be brought to our bike valet which will be located at Gate 7 (bikes & skateboards are not allowed inside the festival grounds).
- One medium-sized backpack (no large or framed backpacks).
- Strollers or wagons to carry our youngest fans.
- Non-Professional, point & shoot cameras (attached lenses must be smaller than 2 inches).
- Your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers! California Roots is for EVERYone. #ItsAMovement
What NOT to bring
- No frowns, stink eyes, mean-mugging, party poopers, or negative energy…please!
- No weapons of any kind, fireworks or explosives.
- No alcohol or drugs.
- No chairs, tents, pop-ups, canopies or umbrellas.
- No outside drinks (the exception is baby bottles for babies).
- No outside food (reasonably-priced food is available inside the festival including vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free options).
- No unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, and promotional materials (including stickers, vending items, etc).
- No coolers of any size, large or framed backpacks, or selfie sticks.
- No Bicycles or skateboards inside festival grounds. However, Bicycles and skateboards can be brought to our bike valet at Gate 7.
- No cameras with detachable lenses. Attached lenses must be smaller than 2 inches.
- No unauthorized vendors allowed.
- No tailgating in parking lots.
- No pets (except legitimate service animals as covered by law)
- No squirt guns.
- No glass containers.
* List subject to change.