Contest Rules >
Redwood Forest Foundation Inc.
In 2016 Cali Roots partnered with Redwood Forest Foundation
to plant 2 redwood seedlings for each Redwood Pass purchased. RFFI is committed to reforestation and restoring redwood forests that support biodiversity and address climate change.
• 800 Redwood Trees Planted
Steel Pint Program
The Earthwell Steel Pint Program is another opportunity for festivalgoers to not only continue our mission in becoming a fully green festival, but save money and return home with a unique souvenir. Earthwell will join forces with California Roots once again in an effort to improve our greening.
• 37,875 plastic cups diverted from the landfill
• 5050 Earthwell Steel Pints purchased
We have teamed up with our friends at Trip Zero for the fourth year in a row to offset the carbon footprint created by travel to Cali Roots! TripZero offsets your footprint by funding reforestation and renewable energy projects. Your TripZero reservations enable them to fund reforestation projects around the globe.
• 1,410,957 lbs of CO2 this year (more than a ten-fold increase from last year).
• That’s equivalent of taking 213 “average” cars off the road for an entire year!!
• Check back for 2017 stats!
In an effort to decrease the prescense of single-use water bottles at Cali Roots, REVERB #RockNRefill program encourages fans to bring an empty water bottle, purchase an Official Festival Nalgene wate bottle, or a steel pint, and utilize one of our many purified water refill stations, provided by Reverb.
• 31,826 single use bottles prevented
• Over 16,000 individual fill-ups at the water stations
• $4,446 raised to support The Last Plastic Straw
• 4,202 gallons of free filtered water dispensed
The Offset Project
We are committed to being a zero-waste event, diverting all vendor organics and recyclables from the landfill as well as composting in public concession areas. CaliRoots is proud to collaborate with The Offset Project (TOP), a local nonprofit, to reduce its waste and associated environmental impacts, including emissions, and to conserve natural resources.
• Food Waste Diverted: 7,800 lbs
• Food Donated to Local Charity: 1,725 lbs
• CRV Recycling: 9,200 lbs
• Cardboard Recycling: 4,640 lbs
• Single Stream Recycling: 4,300 lbs
• Total Pounds Diverted: 27,665 lbs
• Diversion: 41%